Star Wars Day at Sea Returns to Disney Cruise Line in 2017
The force is strong with Disney Cruise Line! With the excitement of cruisers to last year’s Star Wars Day at Sea aboard the Disney Fantasy, the day-long celebration is returning to select cruises in 2017. Even better, these special Disney Fantasy sailings are expanding to both eastern and western Caribbean 7-night itineraries. They are only offered for a limited time on 15 sailings from early January through mid-April from Port Canaveral.
Each sailing features a full day of dark side and light side fun, including official appearances of Star Wars characters, a deck party and fireworks, Jedi training for kids, at-sea screenings of Star Wars films, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and appearances of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars music.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalong Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars Saga.
Star Wars Day at Sea is available exclusively on select Disney Cruise Line 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings on these departure dates:
7-Night Western Caribbean sailings
- January 7, 2017
- January 21, 2017
- February 4, 2017
- February 18, 2017
- March 4, 2017
- March 18, 2017
- April 1, 2017
- April 15, 2017
7-Night Eastern Caribbean sailings
- January 14, 2017
- January 28, 2017
- February 11, 2017
- February 25, 2017
- March 11, 2017
- March 25, 2017
- April 8, 2017
For more information on one of these force-filled sailings click here.
Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Which sailing will you pick? Comment below and let us know!