New attractions and long-awaited refurbishments kick off summer at Walt Disney World this year. Disney has released new information on what we can look forward to this summer at Walt Disney World. There is so much going on….I can’t remember a better time to visit.
New Additions to Animal Kingdom:
Starting this Memorial Day Weekend, your will be able to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park in a whole new way – after sundown! Whether you’re riding Kilimanjaro Safaris at sunset, venturing down Kali River Rapids at twilight, dancing alongside African performers in Harambe, or reveling in a live musical celebration of Disney’s hit film “The Jungle Book,” there is a lot to look forward to.
Here is what you can expect:
- “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show – For the summer, Discovery River will become the stage for a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film “The Jungle Book.” “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” is filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- The Tree of Life Awakens – The park’s iconic Tree of Life undergoes an extraordinary “awakening.” You can expect to see animal spirits come to life throughout the evening by magical fireflies. Each scene appears to emanate from within the tree itself and reveals stories of wonder.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark – You can enjoy Kilimanjaro Safaris in the evening hours, thanks to special lighting that will allow them to explore the savanna – and its inhabitants – well into the night.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – You can turn into “party animals” at the Harambe Wildlife Parti and enjoy lively African music, exotic foods and drinks, and explore the local marketplace.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – On Discovery Island, you can join the local community in their celebration of their love for nature in this party that features music, dancers, stilt walkers, food and more.
- Tiffins – You can enjoy the park’s newest eatery, Tiffins, for both lunch and dinner.
- Nighttime Attractions – The park’s attractions, which will be operating in the nighttime hours, will take on a whole new life. For the first time, you will be able to experience the thrill of attractions like Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids – surrounded by darkness. You will also be able to enjoy colorful midway games and attractions in DinoLand, U.S.A.
Soarin’ Around the World:
On June 17, Guests at Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to board the exhilarating aerial adventure that immerses them in a multi-sensory experience, complete with stunning sights, spectacular sounds and even subtle scents. Fastpass+ will be an option for Soarin’ at Walt Disney World Resort beginning Thursday, April 21. In addition to the new film, the Epcot attraction also added a third theater and reimagined its interactive queue.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll see on Soarin’ Around the World:
Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire:
Beginning this summer at Walt Disney World® Resort, Mickey Mouse and his friends will welcome favorite characters from some of Disney’s newest classics in “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire.” This all-new live stage show makes its debut in June on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at Magic Kingdom Park, with special appearances by Tiana and Naveen from “The Princess and the Frog,” Rapunzel and Flynn from “Tangled” and Anna and Elsa from “Frozen.”
“Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” brings to the stage fantastic costumes, lively dancing, special effects magic and memorable musical moments, including the original song “On This Day” by songwriters Brendan Milburn and Valerie Vigoda (“Toy Story: The Musical,” “Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings”).
In the show, Mickey and his troupe of Merry Makers have been preparing to host a joyous festival and have ventured far and wide to invite friends from other lands to join their celebration. From the Land of the Bewitching Bayous, Goofy has invited Tiana, Naveen and Louis to add a little spice of New Orleans jazz to the party. From the Land of the Enchanted Woods, Donald Duck brings some new friends he met at the Snuggly Duckling, and Daisy introduces us to her special guests, Rapunzel and Flynn. Finally, Mickey shares a surprise with Minnie, as he has traveled to the Land of the Mystic Mountains to invite Olaf, Anna and Elsa, who contributes a blast of her icy magic. It all culminates in a grand dance, as the Merry Makers invite all their new friends to join in the fun on this special day in Magic Kingdom Park.
“Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” celebrates the unique stories of the citizens who make up this magical kingdom. The celebration begins this June!
If you would like more information about a Walt Disney World vacation, click here and an agent will contact you.
What are you excited about this summer at Walt Disney World? Comment below!